Ashland Area Home a Total Loss after Fire

Posted by Warren Krech on December 10, 2013

A young family loses everything in a fire.

Price Nichols with the Southern Boone County Fire Protection District says the house on Route M west of Ashland burned down at about 2:00 a.m. Tuesday. An electrical short in the socket where the Christmas tree was plugged in is the likely culprit.

“Total loss…all they got, is what they got on their back,” Nichols says.

Nichols recommends unplugging your Christmas tree when not using it, and checking smoke detectors. He says those detectors helped the three people in the house get out safely.

(picture from Wikipedia)

LEAVE A COMMENT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *